Brenda

Brenda

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Manner of Death Shouldn't Overshadow Magnificence of Life

A bright and beautiful life shouldn't be obliterated by a dark and devastating death. And so it is that Nichole Prichett-Archibald and I got together to remember her daughter Torry. Click on the 3:44 audio link below to hear what I wrote afterwards for the Mar. 26, 2015 "Fort Collins Coloradoan:"






Joshua Griffin runs The Filling Station in Wellington, a faith-based non-profit that fuels followers. Josh and I connected too late for me to include his comments in my monthly column, but this next bit was just too precious not to share:

"Torry was about 8 years old, and Nichole would bring Torry and the rest of the kids out to our concerts. Torry had this favorite song I wrote called Where Were You? Through the years it became her birthday song. Every time it was her birthday, she would ask if I would do her song. I always said, 'Yes!' Then she would jump up on stage and sing it with me. Torry never lacked for confidence, and I am pretty sure she had more than one birthday every year."

Josh's second take: "We all need to grab hold of life and do what we know is right. if we need to thank someone or tell them that we love them, just do it! If you have a passion, pursue it. Life is a very precious gift, and it is not to be wasted. Torry was a great example of saying what needed to be said and standing up for what is right."

I agree with you, man, 100%. Torry made the impact she needed to and now she's singing with angels.

No comments:

Post a Comment